Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekly Update

Well take a look at this: A painted interior..  So nice to see a uniform color on the walls. It was recommended to stay that way for a full year (another heating cycle), so the walls can settle in. This will allow an easy fix for any potential cracks or nail pops. I was told by a roofing/siding contractor that the new wood used for the walls and floors can and will shrink as much as 3/4" per floor.  That's why some vinyl siding buckles and can get blown off in heavy winds.

Anyway.. Check out these pics of the new paint job. I promise more interesting pics next week.












By the way, you may have notice a bunch of 'other stuff' in these pictures. Well that represents a busy weekend of 'loading in' the flooring (hardware and tile) and getting the kitchen cabinets inside as well. That is all in preparation for installation of course.
I calculated the wood flooring as follows: 61boxes x 63lbs ea = 3843 pounds. One ton = 2240. Add in the tile and I bet I moved in TWO TONS of flooring. My back is feeling it. For reference, a 2011 Toyota Rav4 weighs 3300lbs. So I think I moved a Rav4 and a Mini Cooper all in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment